- Celebration of Chinese New Year-
Year of the rooster
- Martin Luther King Day and project work.
- Friendship Week
- International Women’s Day-Project work on women in the past and present.
- Art entries based on the theme of anti racism for SRTRC competition.
- Marilyn Counihan of KASI held a cookery demonstration in school for the local community to raise funds for the log cabin being built in the community garden for the KASI group.
- YF committee meetings.
- Welcome t-shirts .Words of welcome in many languages. The children in the committees of YF ,GB and GS are involved in an initiative to greet and welcome parents/students/visitors in the mornings at main and side entrance speaking Irish/Polish etc.
- Visit by Kerry county council poet in residence Maire Holmes to 4th classes exploring our many languages .
- Our sincere congratulations to all involved in the campaign for Recognition of Travellers as an ethnic group.We extended our best wishes to those involved in YF,Kerry Traveller’s Project, Bridget Quilligan and Helena Clarke. (March 1st)
- Seachtain na Gaeilge
- La Glas
- Very proud to have our school listed in The Irish Times April 5th in the article ‘Schools of Thought five big trends in innovation-specifically in the area of project development and social entrepreneurship.
- Show and Tell Assemblies-Pupils dressed in traditional costumes and brought food/books/items associated with their cultures March 28th.
- IMAD days. March 29th 30th.Approximately 40 volunteers/participants from the community in the field of music, art, drama, cultural initiatives and programmes hosted workshops for every class in the school .The pupils experienced 7 workshops over the course of the day.
Sincere thanks to the children on the YF committee who helped as guides and to Mr Gogsch.
The following are the list of participants and workshops.
Helena Clarke Ella Coffey Traveller Ethnicity,Kerry Travellers Project Star pupil programme
Roz Ward Punch and Judy Puppet show
Fiona Crowley Drama
Miguel & Elena Cid Spain
Deborah O Keefe Art
Tina Reed Art
Felix Power Art
Eilish O Donoghue Sandra Chute Games as Gaeilge
Hannah Hesman America
Maureen Hegarty Irish Dancing
Malachy Kelly Circus Skills
Pauline Russell Taichi
Tim O Shea & Samuel Afro Trad Drumming
Helena Lyne Stop motion animation
Sylwia,Jola,Ola,Anna, = Ms CB O Sullivan’s class.Natasha,Filip,Maks, Adam,Anthony, Victoria, Wiktoria,Zuzanna; Puppet Show based on the dragon of Krakcow
KASI: Kerry asylum seekers initiative
Jane _facilitator,Sally-Iraq, Daisy –Zimbabwe,
Salwa, Samir-Syra , Joni-facilitator, Athraee-Iraq, Knowledge,Mantho and her daughter Kiara-Zimbabwe, Debbie-New Guinea
Gerard Lynch Noleen O Donnell Waltzing
Natalie Russell Zumba
Tom Collins Jiving
Siamsa Tire Group Drama skills
Neasa ni Lionaird Oonagh McCarthy Baking as Gaeilge
Our sincere thanks to all our participants.
We would also like to express our appreciation to the school canteen .