November & December Diary
YF Diary November- December 2015.
- 6th class pupils visited 5th classes to give a brief talk about their involvement in the YF committee and activities pursued in the last year.
- Enormous number of volunteers from 5th classes.!!
So names had to be picked from a lucky dip. We are delighted to now welcome our new committee members from 5th who will work with the 6th class committee members and the broader committee.
- Congratulations to Teagan,Mate,Leshaan, William, Lauren, Dean and Rebecca.They have added their photos and profiles to the YF board.
- The pupils and teachers have met to discuss the action plan for 2015-2016.
- The draft plan will be discussed further at our next full committee meeting.
- On November 16th and 17th KASI members prepared an array of foods for pupils, parents and staff to sample. A questionnaire was given to parents & staff to ascertain their interest in the proposal for a school canteen to be run by the KASI group.
- Lunch in Muckross was held on the 19th to further broaden links across our community.
- On the 24th of November Joni, Linda, Dzana, Fatima and Yasmin visited the school to talk about their countries, cultures, the asylum process and their life in Ireland now.
- SRTRC hosted the first meeting of an Erasmus plus funded Strategic Partnership involving representatives from Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Northern Ireland and the United kingdom in November. It was attended by the YF coordinator in our school. The school will use the SRTRC programme with one of the senior classes as a pilot project from January 2016.
- Last year we partook in the Anti Racism creative competition. Some of the work done by our pupils is presently part of the One race exhibition .It is hoped that the exhibition will come to Kerry next February.
- We have registered to participate in the Show Racism the Red Card Competition 2016.We would like to encourage 3rd to 6th classes to start thinking now of their ideas to develop a message on Show Racism the Red Card. Audiovisual/drama/art/poster—individual or group.
- We were very proud to hear from the Yellow Flag Programme Coordinator that she has directed many of the new schools participating in the YF programme this year to look at the YF work we have done in the past year as outlined in our diaries and gallery as a model of good practice.
- Finally the YF award ceremony for 2015 will be held in Dublin Castle on the 19th of January. The YF committee are very much looking forward to the event.
YF boards displayed Christmas greetings in the many languages spoken throughout the school.
The Christmas plays demonstrated incredible co-operation and hard work amongst all the pupils and staff displaying the great unity in our school family.
The school choir delighted us all in school and in our local community by hosting a number of carol services under the direction of Ms J Doncel. They have truly inspired us all by their dedication and talent.
Contributions were made to the HOPE foundation to assist a number of student teachers who worked here in the school during the last term and will in the New Year embark upon a journey of voluntary work in Calcutta in schools and hospitals. We wish them well.
- The KASI group hosted their annual Christmas gathering in the school raising further much needed funding for Medecins sans Frontieres.