Our school received a Changemaker Schools Award in October 2014. One of only five schools chosen nationally, St. Oliver's will engage with Ashoka to help all our children become Changemakers!!
Ashoka is an international organisation which seeks to support social entrepeneurship. We seek to help our children becomes leaders of change and innovation. A number of programmes are currently in place to support this work throughhout the 2014/2015 school year. These programmes include :
- The Yellow Flag programme which aims to celebrate diversity and multi-culturalism in our school. A co-ordinating Diversity Committee including teachers, parents , pupils, Board of Management and PreSchool helps focus our efforts. a diary of events is included in another section of our website.
- We plan to upgrade our Library facilities in school during this year and then to revitalise our school building through various painting and decorating initiatives. Yhese colours will represent our changemaker ethos.
- We aim to complete our school playground during this school year.
- We aim to introduce Yoga classes for our Infants during the school day
- We will introduce the Friends for Life Programme in third class as a pilot project in 2015/2016.